Builders' Forum Archives
A few questions...
Posted by FrankP on Jul 14, 2004
It's been pretty quiet lately. Couple of quick things to spew about and some questions
1) Carved my seat the other day, man talk about comfort. Form fitted foam for your butt, how nice. Question about hip braces though. Should I just make them blocks or should I try to form those as well?
2) I mentioned it in my "Decks on" post, but haven't seen any responses. I took a shaving off the hull when trimming my decks and wondered if I need to reinforce the area with tape or will the deck glass overlap be enough to reinforce the strength? The area isn't too long, maybe 6-8 inches and about a 1/4-3/8 inch wide.
3) Anyone made a carbon fiber paddle before? I'm planning on attempting this, but wasn't sure what weight of CF I should use for the handle. I am planning on making a foam core for the handle and forming the blades by laying the CF over a "blank" or something and then just cutting to the actual face shape I want. Any suggestions on a better way to do this or sites that show how someone else has gone about this in the past?
- Carbon Fiber Paddle by Jeffrey Ward on Jul 14, 2004
- Re: A few questions... by Steve Miller on Jul 14, 2004