Builders' Forum Archives
Re: not broke?
Posted by Terry Mcadams on Jun 17, 2004
One problem I have with deck stiffeners is that folks often cut them too short and don't "spring" them in to ensure they send some of the load all the way to the shear clamp. Someone mentioned deck beams. For bigger folks, installing one or two additional deck beams prior to installation may be a better a strategy pound for pound than deck underglassing. Maybe not.
Another solution may be to only let folks under 150 lbs. in kayaks. The rest can go jet skiing.
In Response to: not broke? by LeeG on Jun 17, 2004
- Re: not broke? by Jay E. Morris on Jun 17, 2004
- aft hatch stiffeners not by LeeG on Jun 17, 2004
- add them to flush hatch? by Dennis Rioux on Jun 17, 2004
- Re: aft hatch stiffeners by Mike W on Jun 30, 2004
- Re: not broke? by Mike W on Jun 30, 2004