Builders' Forum Archives
General S&G Tip
Posted by Kurt Maurer on Jun 14, 2004
It is really, really EASY to use your block plane to cause a flat to happen on the extreme ends of your S&G'd hull, then wood-glue some stem and stern pieces made of contrasty wood to them. Cheap pine will work well with okoume ply. If you have a tight bend to make, just rip thin strips and laminate 'em. It's easy! Use green laquer tape to "clamp" 'em into place.
This is the easiest custom touch you can possibly add to your creation, and one of the most satisfying.
Pair O' Mill Creeks Project
- Re: General S&G Tip by Joe Lombardo on Jun 14, 2004
- Re: General S&G Tip by Mark Camp on Jun 16, 2004
- Re: General S&G Tip by Archie M. Sullivan on Jun 30, 2004
- Around a hatch? by AllanG on Jun 15, 2004
- Re: General S&G Tip by Laszlo on Jun 15, 2004