Re: MAGIC Paddles

Posted by Kurt Maurer on Jun 10, 2004

Mac, you bring up an interesting notion here. Making paddles can be so rewarding for some folks that they actually make it their *career* (which is a good thing for those who aren't so taken by it, I suppose). At any rate, it seems like a logical extension of the boat building euphoria so many are imbued with by the boat creating experience. I mean, after my 2 1/2-week Coromrant build, I got a ton of email from folks who were saying that I was *missing* out on the fun of it all...

(I have lots and lots of stuff to build, no problem there I tell ya. I wanna get my butt on the water - and PLAY - asap, thankyouverymuch.)

I sincerely hope that your enthusiastic post will inspire someone to try their hand at crafting a beautiful laminated-wood blade or two. I agree: "AND the paddle TOO?" is mighty impressive; even to me, a fellow builder!

Oh, and don't forget the Greenland stick. Some folks are smitten by them instantly. So far, I'm not one of them (yet) either. Too bad, $7 paddles sound mighty nice!

Cheers, Kurt

In Response to: MAGIC Paddles by Mac on Jun 10, 2004

Replies:

No Replies.