Builders' Forum Archives
Which CLC kayak to choose
Posted by James on Jun 6, 2004
Hello everyone. I'm planning on building my first kit kayak, and I wanted some suggestions on which kit to choose.
I would use the boat mostly for workouts on flatwater, and would like to race occasionally. I also would like to take it on some of the smaller rivers around here and on overnights now and then.
Basically, 75% workouts on flatwater, 15% smaller rivers, 5% racing, 5% overnights/camping.
I love the look of the Pax 20, and I think it would be great for workouts and racing. May be a bit long for some of the smaller rivers around here? Anyone know how easy it is to maneuver?
I'm comfortable leaning a turn. I'm so-so with technique, but what I lack there I think I half-way make up with athleticism (and I'm learning).
Any suggestions would be fantastic. I'm looking forward to the project!
- Re: Which CLC kayak to ch by Mac on Jun 7, 2004
- Re: Which CLC kayak to ch by Petewp on Jun 7, 2004
- Re: Arctic Hawk by Rich on Jun 7, 2004
- Re: Which CLC kayak to ch by FrankP on Jun 7, 2004
- Re: Which CLC kayak to ch by Don on Jun 8, 2004
- Re: Which CLC kayak to ch by James on Jun 8, 2004