Re: Today's Nonesense Bro

Posted by Chris on May 25, 2004

Mac, Were you able to launch this weekend?

How did it go?

We launched our baby at the Nottawasaga River near Alliston Ontario. Yeah there was buckets of rain, but we're tough. Well, we were tough till the ligtning started. We have 3 fairly decent wood paddles, but since we also had two teenage boys with us, one of us was stuck with an old aluminum paddle, and by coincidence it was me with the aluminum paddle about the time lightning was starting. It's amazing how fast you can go when you're motivated. People on shore were hollering about my wake washing out their campsites. On Sunday we tried again, (still overcast and spitting). About 1/2 hour into the trip, I felt a tickle on my thigh. I popped the skirt to have a look, and there... on... my... thigh...was the biggest hairiest !@@#$% ugliest looking spider I have ever seen in my life!!! I'm telling you, I gave river dancing a whole new meaning! The worst part was, when I finally got to shore, .....I couldn't find it. I had to keep telling myself "he was stuck to the bottom of my shoe and got washed away when I stepped out of the boat". (My Mantra for the rest of the paddle.) Chris

In Response to: Today's Nonesense Brought by Mac on May 20, 2004

Replies: